Wesley House is a post-graduate theological college, housed in 1920s Grade II listed neo-Tudor buildings. Our refurbishment and new build contractors work included; new Academic and Gatehouse block, new three storey accommodation block with 15 en-suite rooms, remodelling of existing 1920’s Grade II listed buildings to provide 13 en-suite student rooms with access to shared kitchen facilities, staff accommodation and offices, refurbishment and upgrade of the Principal’s Lodge, upgrade works to the Chapel including heating and lighting, external works including fencing, paving and planting.
We employed specialist craftsmen for the restoration of the listed buildings including lime pointing, lime plastering, stonework, leadwork, joinery and natural slating. We sourced new hand-made bricks to match the imperial sized red bricks imitative of handmade Tudor brickwork. The new Academic building incorporates the Gatehouse with the main reception entered through an archway off Jesus Lane, with glass and decorative steel gates. The research library above, is accessed via the feature staircase fitted out to exceptionally high quality with light oak joinery to house 18,000 book volumes. On the third floor is a 60 seat dining hall with a vaulted ceiling and large roof lantern.
The works were carried out within the confines of typical occupied Cambridge cloistered college campus and close liaison with the College management was essential, particularly in relation to interfaces, party walls and boundaries with Jesus College.
Looking for construction work? Whether its refurbishment or new build contractors you are after we are here. Contact us.